April 18, 2016

8:18 PM Unknown 0 Comments

 The Dalles AKA Most beautiful place on earth

My Companion Elder Gaeta

Hey Everyone,

Crazy week Elder Gaeta and I arrived in The Dalles on Wednesday.  These are going to be the greatest last 2 transfers ever! The Dalles is beautiful we can see Mt Adams and Mt Hood, the Columbia River runs through the city and it is so green!  Elder Gaeta is from San Diego down by Chula Vista. He is super cool he’s a convert of about a year and he is a professional BMX rider.  Like x games in all. Needless to say I have one of the coolest companions possible haha. This area is awesome were pretty much starting this area over.  There is so much to do so its going to be awesome to work all day everyday.  

This week I was studying in Alma 5 one of my favorite chapters. One of my favorite verses is Alma 5:14,26 

14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
 26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?

These scriptures lay it out super simple. Have we been changed yet? Are we new people? If we have, then are we continuing in faith to become better each day and feel of this power everyday. I love these scriptures so much. They are so important to us that we can know that this is how true happiness happens nothing in the world can bring you as much happiness that the gospel brings. I love this gospel so much I love this opportunity all of us have on earth to be changed and become better each day. 

I am excited to read more of those scriptures that you sent about the importance of our own personal conversion and continuing to reconvert ourselves always so our testimonies grow.  I think that is the biggest thing I have learned here on my mission is the importance of conversion. Something I have learned as I think about it more and more is the price of conversion. It is so easy to say I want to be converted to this gospel but when we truly want to be converted, God will give us opportunities to grow. I love that part of it thinking about my mission.  I have never had a harder time with investigators dropping us and things like that.  I remember that when I was in the MTC I prayed and told Heavenly Father I wanted to grow and have experiences and every time I go through a trial I remember and even though its hard I try to thank him for the opportunity to change.   I love you mom thank you for everything you give me and for your example of enduring with love and patience love you.  


I hope everyone has an amazing week
Love,
Elder Woodward

0 comments: