August 17, 2015

8:47 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Zone conference weekend I was able to see my first companion and trainer, Elder Hudson.  

Hello!

This week was an amazing week!! Honestly one of the hardest Spiritually but one of the greatest learning experiences I have had. 

We started off really rough this past week.  One of our investigators dropped us who was suppose to get baptized this Saturday. We continued to get  hammered with these things.  Elder Spackman and I wanted to know what was wrong.  We wanted to know if we were doing anything wrong that we needed to change.  We prayed and asked Heavenly father what to do.  Later that week I read a talk from President Eyring  called, Mountains to Climb.  It talked about the trials the Lord puts in our path.  One line that stuck out to me talked about how Heavenly Father gives us trials for specific reasons.  We are given these trials because the love He has for us.  He wants to mold us to become better and the person He wants us to become. After learning more about this principle we thanked Heavenly father and tried with as much faith to go out and work.  Later in the week we found these 2 awesome families and taught them the restoration and they loved it and wanted to be baptized. 

This week really grew my testimony about the trials we face and the need to apply our Saviors Atonement to learn and to be able to overcome the trial we are faced with. I am so excited for this next week we get to be taught by Elder Packer this next week ( President Packers Son).  Elder Spackman and I get to meet him before he speaks and spend time with him.  I am excited to see what we will learn from him.  

Serving a mission is the best decision anyone can ever make!  It is the most amazing experience because you learn so much.  It really has changed my life!  

Watch this video called Mountains to climb I love it!  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdN8rfwW3SI

I love you all! 
Elder Woodward

0 comments: