June 27, 2016

10:46 PM Unknown 0 Comments

My Last Email

Cant believe these last 2 years went so fast.  I have been so blessed to have served here in the Yakima Wa Mission, serving My Savior Jesus Christ.  Through so many experiences, I have truly come to know for myself that He does live, that He did pay the price of sin for us.  I know He can lift us up and carry us home no matter how far from perfect we think we are.  I know He loves each one of us.  I know the Book of Mormon is true.  I have come so close to my Savior by reading it and praying to know if it is true.  I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and that this is the church of Jesus Christ. It has changed my life and many others.  I know we have A Heavenly father who loves us and cares for us who knows each and everyone of us.  He has a plan for us and is always there to help us.  I love my Savior so much I am grateful for everything he has done for me. I love you all and am grateful for everything you have done for me and my family love you!

Love,
Elder Woodward

Questions and responses written between Dave and Chandler: 

What have you learned the most over the last 2 years:  One of the biggest things the Lord has taught me in the last 2 years is there are no shortcuts in life and to eternal life.  We have to read the scriptures and pray daily.  We have to do things to receive blessings. Obedience is one of the key things that I have learned especially these last 2 transfers hardest area and situation I have ever been in.  I learned to always remember the importance of obedience. It made me push on with my love of the Savior.  To know we have been blessed so much with a baptism and marriage this week!:)  There is always blessings if we continue to keep pushing forward!
     
2.  What would you tell Parker as he is 5 weeks away from going on his mission: 
Get ready for the greatest 2 years of your life!  Be ready to come so close to your Savior.  Most of all, get ready to have so much fun and joy!  More than you have ever experienced and can imagine.  

3.  What advice do you have for Jaxon and Christian: To always remember the importance of your example to your friends everyone is always watching you and so many look up to you guys.

4.  What are the top 3 experiences from your mission: Lesson with the Ceja family on atonement, bed bug service experience (seeing members view change of a nonmember who was asking for help) Seeing the change in E.G.  

5.  What will you miss the most as you leave the Yakima mission: The opportunity to be so close with missionaries to be right there seeing change in others.  Working so close with many amazing leaders and examples.


6.  What would you tell your future wife and kids about your mission: My mission was the start of my spiritual journey that changed me and continues to change every action and thought that happens in my life.  How grateful I am for the blessings of serving my Savior for those 2 years. 

0 comments: