March 21, 2016

5:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Elder Woodward and his companion Elder Meyers
 Selah Stake Conference 




GOD is GOOD!

What an amazing week I had this week.  It started off really crazy.  One of the most amazing members I have ever met, who we had the opportunity to help get him more active, went to the temple 2 weeks ago to be sealed with his family for the eternity.  He is the greatest example of enduring to the end and you will find out why right here.  His wife was pregnant with twins and she went into labor WAY early.  She was only 26 weeks into the pregnancy.  She gave birth to twins.  They named them Jesus who was 2 lb and Gabriel 1lb 3 oz. The family was so worried about the babies and this last week Jesus passed away.  A man who I have grown to love so much who has been giving his life to serve his savior and is trying as hard as he can to be a better man, lost his son.  I have never felt so broken in my mission.  We had the blessing to go the funeral of Jesus.   I was sitting there in the church and was overwhelmed by the spirit because it was so strong.   You could feel Gods love for the Esquvel family and for the truthfulness of the power of God on earth to make it possible for families to live forever and ever together.   As we sat there I weeped for this family wondering why this would happen to this family.  I felt the Spirit so strong telling me, “Don't worry I love them more than you could imagine, I know them”.

Heavenly Father gives us trials because he knows that we can overcome them and If we are faithful he will give us many more blessings.   After the Funeral he came up to me in tears and said I want to go out with you tonight to visit the rest of my family.  I was so amazed at this man who is going through the hardest time in his life.  I asked him why? and He said, " I know its what God wants me to do." 

He is an amazing example to me and I learned so much from him and his family. I know our Heavenly Father loves us and knows us personally.  I know by the power of God we can live together with our families after this life forever.  I am grateful for this Gospel in my life and the blessings my family has received from following our Savior Jesus Christ. 


I love you all!!

0 comments: