June 15, 2015

10:01 PM Unknown 0 Comments

YAKIMA here is come!

This week was a very crazy week. SO Transfers are over and I am staying in Wenatchee and will be in the Yakima Mission.   I will be getting a new companion Wednesday, his name is Elder Carter.  My new mission president is President Lewis.  I am so excited to go to the Yakima Mission.  I know that Heavenly Father wants me to be here. 

We had an awesome miracle this week We were about to go to one of our teaching appointments but he texted us and cancelled and we were having a rough day.  So we offered a prayer and asked our Heavenly Father to please help us and bless us with a miracle.  We felt inspired to go over to an investigator who fell off the face of the earth.  We visited her and when we got there she told us this crazy story of how she had been praying a ton and kept thinking of the church.   She told us that she wanted to come to church and be baptized.  She told us how she was going to ask her boss to have Sunday off. She felt that she would know that if it was right because God would want her to go to church and her boss would give her the day off.  That would mean that God wants her to go to church.  She is so prepared and has so much faith.  It strengthened my testimony that Heavenly Father is preparing His sons and Daughters to receive the Gospel.

We had a pretty crazy moment this week and it reminded me of you. SO we live with 5 missionaries so things get pretty crazy at night.  We started playing this zombie game and long story short Elder Gleed and I went through the wall of our house..... hahaha but the part that reminded me of you was we had to call our person who is in charge of housing.  Her name is Sister Spurgeon and I told her and she just started laughing and called me a corn ball and said I was such a boy haha.  She told me she raised all boys as well…  I love you so much and I want to thank you for everything you have done for me and never staying mad long and laughing about it. :)

Today is a pretty crazy day. Im saying goodbye to one of my mission Heroes. His name is Elder Hacking Its so sad to see him go home but so awesome to see how much a mission changes someone and molds them to become these spiritual giants.  Sometimes you have feelings of inadequacy as a missionary.  I have developed such an amazing testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ and His atonement.  It has literally molded me and has changed my nature.  I love being able to go to Him so weak and in such need and KNOW that he is always there to hear my cry.  I have been studying a lot lately in 2 Nephi 4 the power Nephi has is all from Him the savior.  I love the verse where he says 19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.
 20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
Thank you for all the love and support and encouragement you give me!  For always encouraging me to find my own testimony.  Thats one thing I absolutely love about our Church is the teachings to develop YOUR testimony.  SO many churches and people I talk to are still running off there grandparents testimonies and its so sad.   
Thank you for encouraging me find my own testimony!

I love you so much!
Elder Woodward



0 comments: